Details of Organisation
Name of NGO/Non State Actor: La Maison Coeur-Ecoute de Barkly
Address: 11, Geranium street, Residence Barkly, BEAU BASSIN
Activities and Description of NGO/Non State Actor: NGO
Vision: Reduce poverty and improve the situation of the unprivileged children. Provide pedagogical and moral support to them. Help them to regain their self esteemed and be confident.
Mission: Supporting an inclusive and integrated approach to sustain the education and social integration of deprived children of Barkly in Beau Bassin. Provide breakfast daily before going to school and ensure that each of them has got a lunch. Improve relationship between child-child/ child-teacher/ and child-parent. Organize socio-cultural activities, gatherings and outings. Inform them of their rights.
Objectives of the project:
* Continue to provide breakfast to the neediest children of the locality
* Integrate children into action proposed in a spirit of equal opportunity
* Socialize the parents/children through community activities
* Collaborate with socio-cultural agencies
* Accompany the child in accordance with the ethical rules of the Organization
* Generate in children a desire to participate in the social life of Residence Barkly
* Show the children the possibilities of environment
* Enhancing the role of parents in participating in activities in the partnership
Health and Welfare
Health has an enormous impact on education. But with the help of volunteers, social partners, and the Government, we are firmly convinced that a healthy and adequate nutrition could make easier the access to education for a child, and increases its chances of staying in school.
Consequently, the child communicates with others constructively.
With a better pedagogical and moral support, the child learns to respect differences such as –philosophical, religious, physical, cultural, social, gender, self and other.
The child incorporates the rules of common life during activities
The child acquires a better knowledge
We wish to inform also that on Saturday’s there are volunteer teachers for additional education support to children in need. So, on that day lunch is being provided.
Once per week we organize a meeting with the youngsters for various activities, and to create awareness, and they also participate in pedagogical outings.
Through the work and support of the Organization, 150 (one hundred and fifty) children ageing from 05 to 16 years have found a voice. Sculpture courses are given to children twice a week by Mr Dick Lewis and on each Saturday there is slam class by Jamel Colin.